Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Dream US Road Trip

So. As you can guess, I'm feeling some severe wanderlust. I have been settled in Minneapolis now for almost 4 months, have had an apartment for 3, a job for 1, and haven't been on a plane or train in far too long! In Korea, I'd be traveling to a new city at least every month, especially in beautiful spring.

The product of my homesickness for travel is this insane plan for a huge road trip around the Southern US. There are a lot of places I've been in this country, from Boston to Seattle, San Diego to Big Sky... but a vast area south of the Ozarks remains to be discovered. Also, I have friends moving back from Korea in droves to places like Auburn, Lubbock, and Lincoln and I'd love the chance to see them again.

The drive itself, without stops, would take nearly 3 days. Of course I'd need to stop to sleep, eat, sightsee and visit, so I'm looking at... 3 weeks?? Well, yeah, right. Like I could take that kind of time off work. But a girl can dream :)



View Larger Map

1 comment:

Lalique said...

happy to visit here
from Turkey

http://laracroft3.skynetblogs.be
http://lunatic.skynetblogs.be